View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #16
One Country Boy

Nothing wrong with those photos Ed (it is Ed, isn't it?). I am terrible on names. I need everyone to complete their signature boxes for their posts. That way I can remember. What is the mobile antenna you have mounted to your storage box please ? You brought this up at a good time.

We've had our motor home for a year now and I've still not mounted my radios in it. That is quickly becoming a priority for me. About time, huh ? I've got a single bander 2-meter rig I can put in it and a mobile antenna. I've decided on the HF rig I want to go in it. I sold my old Kenwood TS-50 a couple of years ago to a new amateur in our area. He ran it from his home and had a good time with it for two years and it quit on him. I told him I really felt bad about it, and I did. He assured me for the price, he certainly got his money's worth out of it and had some enjoyable times, working from his home. He turned around and bought himself a new rig.

I want to get the Kenwood TS-480HX for the motor home. I think that added 100 watts of power over the standard 100 watt radio would make a real difference operating mobile. This radio covers 160 meters to 6 meters. I'm thinking of one of the Screwdriver Antennas for the rear of the RV. I've got Ham Sticks, fiberglass pushup poles and all types of mobile antennas that require swapping components for different bands. A screwdriver should eliminate that.

I guess I should start a new thread to get input from you guys on this stuff, rather then adding to this one. Thanks guys for any info and recommendations you might have.