View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
One Country Boy

Thank you for filling us in on all the info Wade. I'll be ordering as well through the Amazon Portal.

Speaking of the scams, they seem to be getting worse and worse.... As of recently I've been getting e-mails from scam artist portraying themselves as American Express. The html and graphics will fool you. These crooks do a good job. I naturally do not respond and get one or two a week. They even tell me how many times they have notified me that I need to update my information. I got an e-mail yesterday from the same scammers stating that they needed to verify a charge that was attempting to be made to my American Express. It seems a charge in excess of $4K was being charged. Now that got my attention !!! Then, all of a sudden I remembered.... H*ll, we don't have an American Express Card !!! When you hover over all the links and connections in the e-mail to make contact with these people, every link is the SAME. So no matter where you click, that malware is coming down the tubes to your computer.

Now I know I should not even be asking this, me being an old retired cop. But does anyone do anything about this crap? Who, if any do you report to? It looks as though an ISP, providing these crooks with service would like to rid themselves of their account.