View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 09:22 PM   #11
electricflyer

Corps of Engineer campgrounds and state parks is what I love the best. Lots of room between campsites, usually quiet and most have good shade. We go to McKinney campground 2 or 3 times a year, likewise for beautiful Gunter Hill on the west side of Montgomery, just make sure you get a site on the Catoma loop as they are full hookup, not usually found in COE's. Like I said, my favorite is Service Park, Silas, AL with 14 pullthru's on the bank of the Tombigbee River with lots of barge and other boat traffic to watch. What is great for us old folk is the America the Beautiful pass that give us a 50% discount on camping. For McKinney our site is $15 because it is lakeside but if not lakeside it is $13. I think all the sites at Holiday are discounted to $13.
Oh, by the way, they will want your truck license tag number when you check in so have it handy. Since I no longer have a ham call vanity tag I can never remember what mine is.
The comment about Whitetail was that the writer said there were no "Bad" campsites as opposed some possible ones at Holiday.
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote