View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #14
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Well... I too was concerned about finding a spot for the TS-2000 where it would not bother the wife... So I looked at my house on wheels and realized that there was indeed a small room (And I might add a somewhat larger room) with it's own door that I could close to block sound

What's more in my house the 12 volt distribution panel is on the other side of one of that room's walls (that is the back of the panel is inside a cabinet in that room) so I had lots, and lots of battery voltage (and I might add the 120v panel is right below the 12V panel, same cabinet) and other power there.

Plus.. You ever have that problem of checking into a net and when the NCS says "Stand by ... you" you feel a sudden and strong urge to visit a specific chair in your motor home..... Well... That's the chair I sit on when I operate (The one with the SeaLand label on it) so I never miss my turn due to that problem HI.

Now the somewhat larger room has a Tethford macerator version of that same chair so wife is not bothered by my being on the radio, instead of the throne She uses the biger room)

It also means I check into a net or two I'd not have found if I was not sitting on the operator's seat... For other reasons... long about 2-8 AM (pick any time in that bracket) Bunch of nice folks on the Before Breakfast Club (3-5 but pre-net starts earlier) or Breakfast club (5-8 am) Times are Eastern.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote