Thread: LED Light's
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #22
W9WLS
Senior Blame Catcher

Send a message via Yahoo to W9WLS

Spent the last two week's in Macon with the Kid's and the MH.
Did a refit on several of the light fixtures in the MH , adding the "strip" leds to the fixture's.
To most , I installed two set's of the 3 led strip, worked very well ! put out a good bit of bright white light and lowered the lighting load in the MH considerably .
I even converted the "PORCH LIGHT" and with the awning deployed , light's the whole under awning area as well as the incandescent and NO BUG"S .

Son Jeff (WA9DDK) also introduced me to some LED "STRIP" lighting and florescent tube replacement's he has been installing in convenience stores , 4 foot and 8 foot florescent tube's and canopy light's , really bright ! and one tube of led's replaces two of the florescent eliminates the ballast transformer and wires directly to 120 VAC line.
Station canopy light's typically present a 250- 500 watt load with a ballast transformer per unit at 240 to 480 VAC, the led replacement fixture presents a 100 watt load with the driver at 120 VAC and illuminates 3 times the area or more (he lives in a very rural area of BIBB County, and we rigged one on his 70foot tower at the 20 foot level , it illuminated his whole 2 1/2 acre yard quite well enough to play any yard game you would care to, some of the neighbors even came out to ask if he was installing street lighting !).
Well, there's the report !
"73"
PS , If you want or need more information on what Jeff is using please contact me "OFF LIST" and I'll give you his contact Information, I Don't want to exactly "ADVERTISE" for him on list without approval !