View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 07:31 PM   #4
electricflyer

Carl, I agree, the answer should be a non-expiring license which I have no problem with, and perhaps that will be the next step. The issue here is to reinstate those that had licenses in the past and want to renew now. As for the CSCE's expiring after 1 year, I don't know why a license would not have been issued within a year after an exam.
Since VE's don't issue a license it is up to the FCC to determine the eligibility of a past license. All we have to do is conduct the exam.

As far as determining when deaths occur for a non-expiring license that might be a problem as a high percentage of deaths are not reported to the FCC now. I know of one instance where the ham was on his death bed and his wife renewed his license for him, I guess hoping he would recover. But, his death has never been reported. I contacted his sister and told her to send the information of his death but that has never happened. I don't have the documents to do it or I would have reported it, but as it is, his license will expire in about 10 years counting the 2 year grace period.
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote