View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
Radio
Administrator

Default Classic games and dry air.

Another edition of "Radio Goes Shopping"...it's been awhile, since Radio hasn't had a lot of money lately...

This past weekend our long weekend trip was marred just a bit. The already dry air was cool, going to the mid 40's F, so we needed a little heat from our electric space heaters. The result was chapped lips and Sweet Wife even had a bit of a nose bleed.

Today I stopped by Rite-Aid drug store (I don't generally go there, but it was convenient) and picked up a pediatric steam vaporizer for $16. Made for Vick's, it's one of those with the two electrodes that boil the water until it's gone. Simple and fool proof. It also has a night light to keep you from falling over it. "Pediatric" means it's small, holding only a gallon, and meant for a small space. Perfect for an RV.

I'd be interested in hearing other dry air solutions.

On the way out, I noticed (but did not buy) a couple of "nostalgic game consoles" by both Atari and Sega. Like the old 8-bit consoles from long ago they hook to the TV, come with 2 joysticks and 75 - 80 of the old time games depending on which one you get. Small enough to pack in the RV. Priced at $40 each.

We still have our 8-bit Nintendo and a bunch of games for it. When the kids come home at Christmas, they'll head to the basement and play Mario and Kirby like they did when they were little.

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote