Thread: MH ladder mount
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 03:45 AM   #16
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Trucker's Mirror Mount will attach to the ladder... This is a very heavy "L" bracket, it has a half inch or 3/8 depending on the mount hole for the antenna and a 4-bolt clamp that fits over the ladder with a "V" shape so it clamps on a pipe stable.

PROBLEM.. Motor home ladders tend to be very light weight per my standards, I"d be worried about the ladder.

HOW do I mount antennas?

Well, long ago back when I had a sticks and bricks I "Inhearated" A 4 band trap verticle.

I hae a custom made drop hitch (Blue Ox made it special for me) it is the proper size drop to line up my tow bars with the base plate on my car.. (That is the standard part) but they welded on a "Tong" that holds a Draw-Tight bicycle carrier.. The base for the 4BTV is mounted to that.. IF there is no tree about I use the 4BTV with my KAT-1 Tuner. But if there are trees,, I can drop a pole (extendable fishing pole or painters pole) over the base rod.

How would I mount that antenna.. Basically on the bicycle carrier,, Very strong.

OH. you also need a "Hitch Immobilizer" on the Drop hitch-Motor home connection if you do this (Another blue ox product) works great.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote