View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #9
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

ON ice,,,, Well the only things that work is SLOW DOWN and Skill. On snow or other poor conditons there is one other thing that helps.. TIRES.

For many years I could safely handle a car at nearly 2x the average speed (If I could find an open road to do it on) because I bought tires that were 4x better than average. NO slipping, NO sliding, No spinning tires, because they were very good tires. Many times I was "mobile" while others were stuck.

Part skill, I did not push the envelope ever. If the roads were bad I slowed down to improve control rather than risk it.

Part tires. For example one time we had a co-worker talking about how much fun it was going to be to watch the kid with the new ford Pickup (Light on the drive axle, like all ford pickups) with the super wide tires (Way worse in snow) go up the hill.. I have to admit he was right.. What was even more fun was watching HIM go up the hill. (Same way the kid did).

What was not so much fun was watching me and my Kelly Navigators go up that hill like it was the middle of August. (Which by the way was when I bought the Kelly's)

Still, on Ice.. Well, I've been known to drive all ahead full idle.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote