View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #18
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Regarding hand guns.... I also do not carry,, I won't go into all the reasons but I believe for a couple of reasons I'm safer not carrying...

But as for being around those who do... I'm a retired police dispatcher.. I spent 25 years working with folks who were carrying.

And last time I visited a target range.. .Did rather well.

How good are the folks I worked with (Way better than me) Well one of them got in a bit of a shootout with a car thief... The idiot drew and fired at the trooper.. The Trooper, in the past, had been a contestant in a shooting contest. His score (Winning that year) using his service weapon was 300-28x He put 30 rounds in the 10 ring, and only 2 of them were NOT bullseyes. The suspect lived,,,, limped, but lived. no need to kill.

Another (This one wound up being my supervisor) was attacked off duty.. He left his gun where it was and put the idiot in ICU using nothing more than a right cross. Idiot lived to stand trial for felony assult and sexual misconduct (I am leaving out most of the story). Trooper had to work as my partner for a while.. Seems he broke his hand on the steel door frame that was on the other side of idiot's face (Think about this for a bit).

Wonder if Idiot learned anything?
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote