Thread: 12V Power
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 08:12 AM   #4
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Well...On my motor home I used the HOUSE battery.. The converter is a Progressive Dynamics IntellaPower 9180 with charge wizard

This converter puts out,near as I can tell PURE DC (well, technically it's got 3 volts of ripple on a 20 hour cycle,, that is one 3 volt ripple cycle every 20 hours you won't ever hear that, Takes a volt meter to see it)

I tapped the power for my TS-2000 right at the house fuse panel (The TS-2000 sits directly behind the panel anyway, I had to lengthen the power cable by about 1 foot due to routing it out of site)

I can not tell, from the radio, if teh house batteries are even connected it's that clean

Plus if "The lights go out in Detroit" in the middle of a QSO.. I don't miss a word The radio is running on batteries as fast as electrons can reverse direction (And that's FAST)

I kind of wonder why PD does not market the 9100 as a power supply, Without the charge controller I suspect it would be very nice 80 amps in my case. 960 watts at 12 volt, about 1100 on the input side.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote