View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #8
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Back when I had money I went to Dayton, Got out my tape measure and measured the spot where I planned on mounting the all-band/mode radio.. Went to the Arena, took measurements, The Kenwood TS-2000 fit the spot... My Elmer (Teacher who helped me pass the Extra, though I had not yet taken the class) had a TS-2000 as well.

So I got the TS-2000.. Buyer's Remorse... Very very slight, the other one that would have perhaps fit had a few different features, but in truth, I'm very happy with the TS-2000. .

What would I recommend: GO TO DAYTON and shop, I am serious, Kenwood, Icom, Yesau, Elcraft and others all have very good radios Some have different features, And I will NOT recommend one over another.

The only thing I will recommend against, and alas, it looks more and more like I'm going to loose out on this, is Proprietary communications protocols. such as D-Star.. I'm really against those when it comes to ham radio. (I forget the other one that is out there).

But it looks like D-Star is happening, so as I said, I've lost on that count.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote