View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 04:00 AM   #17
One Country Boy

Andy, John and Ken,

Sounds as though you all had a good time. That's what it's all about.

Sounds like propagation was much better for 10 meters at your location then here Andy. I listened on 10 for awhile using my 80 meter double bazooka and didn't hear a peep. It's suppose to do well on 10 meters. I would say 206 contacts was not shabby at all. Was any of it good DX?

John, forgive me please, but I'm not sure I understand the last line of your post. Please explain. Sounds like it was fun though. I'm glad to hear you were able to supply your group with EP.

Ken, seems like those kind of problems alway exist and there are always the last minute fix 'ems. I bet you guys were hot. It was 104 degrees here Saturday and Sunday in the shade. Staying out in that heat, you sure had to stay hydrated.

Glad you guys posted a follow up. I was anxious to hear how it went. Thank you. Man there were a lot of stations on 40 meters today. I was surprised at the numbers I heard. I gave a few of them a "1 Delta from North Florida". I heard quite a few "1 Delta Stations" in operation.

Late Saturday afternoon I switched over to 75 meter SSB, just before the band started to lengthen out. I worked WB4MZO, a club near Marietta, GA. They were in no hurry and picking up a station here and there. The operator I contacted wanted to rag-chew more than compete. He described his group as a bunch of retired Western Electric employees. They were having a good time and a pleasure to make contact with. Looked 'em up on QRZ.COM and sure enough it describes the old Western Electric group. I worked another station in Wade's neck of the woods, KD4YDC. He was booming in here on a home station.

Thanks for the posts gentlemen. Good to hear it went well for you.

Jim