View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 07:04 PM   #9
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

I put one of the standard stove vent hood vents in the side of my motor home next to where I mounted my TS-2000, I'm planing on doing a machined aluminum insert for it next summer (When I finish paying my body and metal man) with feed through fittings for at least half a dozen coax cables. 70-cm, (May use bnc for this one) 2-mtr (bnc or Pl-259) 6-mtr (PL-259) and "Other" (Have not decided what I'm going to hook to those, likely a G5RV JR to one of them) and a six position coax switch on ANT-2 inside, ANT-1 is the KAT-1 Random wire tuner on the back of the ride.

IF you notice that this is more switch positions than I'll have coax (The 2 mtr and 70cm antennas are different outputs on the TS-2000 you are right, the remaining 2 Switch positoins are 1: 6mtr verticle that's going UNDER the rear cap (False rear) and 2: Cantenna (A good old heath cantenna, Need to get me a gallon of oil though)

The cantenna is going in a box under the rig coax up through the floor to the switch, Same hole will carry the cable to the 6-mtr whip mounted on the frame at the rear. I have the antenna, just need to hook-'er up.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote