View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #14
Bob W4RAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3NOQ/Mobile View Post
No, have not tried the Marine Antenna yet. Unfortunately some of the replys here on the forum drifted off topic and I haven't followed up here. Been looking at other sites for a while. I remain concerned about finding/fabricating a swing down mount. Have seen a couple from a distance. I did meet one om from K6 that had a FB system on a 5th wheel with custom made fold down mount from a now non-existant shop in California. My 35' winny has a fiberglass roof so I need to feel comfy about the counterpoise. Some comments on the Marine antenna says they need extensive counterpoise, some do not. Shakespeare website was not clear on the subject. I have an AH-4, Would be nice if anyone at Q this year would post some fotos of HF mounts seen at the Q'fest. // John

You can find a "Manual" Swing down mount as well as a "Motorized: swing down mounting bracket at AES, I use the Motorized mount with my ATAS 120 simple to install and all i do is press a button and the antenna goes from horizontal to vertical in less then 30 seconds. With the ATAS 120 you will NOT need a counterpoise if you mount it on the rear ladder and attach a ground from it to the bumper or frame.
Bob W4RAA is offline   Reply With Quote