View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #7
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

I once wrote a letter to them talking about other letters they published with the theme of either "Cancel my membership" or "Do not renew"

Many reasons were given,, I sampled a few and responded to them

"$xx.yy is too much for must a magazine" Ur, it's not just a magazine it's your voice in Washington DC it's, well much more.. And what's worse Playboy is somewhat more expensive and has very little if anything of interest to the serious electronics/radio expirmenter (though it does have other attractions)

I don't like the ARRL's stand on _______.

This poor guy as not only missed the boat, he's having trouble finding the water. If you don't like what the ARRL is doing don't quit, If you quite and all those who agree with you quit you will NEVER like what they are doing because only those who like what you don't will be left to vote for directors. So don't quit or your voice will never be heard.. Better than quiting, RUN FOR DIRECTOR, then people can complain about the job YOU are doing (ok, I did not say that last)

Yes, I do not always agree, but BPL sort of died, and this 70cm threat is fading fast, and another one is in serious trouble and we have the ARRL to thank for most all of that.

Oh the other reason: Too many non-construction/review articles in QST.. Well they have to report contest results somewhere, and minutes of the meetings and things like that.. And at the time that was the only place (Today some of that has been moved to the web)
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote