View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

Default Bee's RV Resort (Clermont, FL)

I've been in Bee's RV resort for a week and a half now, and have just changed to monthly; I intend to stay at least another month, perhaps longer.

Bee's is north of Clermont, about 6 miles or so on US 27, and very convenient to the Florida turnpike. Pleasant, quiet, full facilities (some that I haven't looked at yet). Monthly is $425 which includes full hookup, free electricity. These rates are probably higher in Winter, being Florida. Right now, in Summer, the camp is about 1/2 full. Snowbirds are still in the Cold & Frozen North, which is hotter than Florida lately.

Many sites are unpaved, but are hard and level. I found it easy to navigate the park in the 37-footer, and really didn't need the leveling jacks at all, though I did deploy them.

WiFi is a little slow but seems reliable anyway, $15 per week or $30 per month.

Recommended.

I've been visiting and teaching at the local Judo school, run by an old friend, and studying Icelandic, although it's unlikely that anyone I meet here will inquire Hæ, hvað heitir þú? to learn my name. I just enjoy languages, is all. Icelandic is interesting, with a 32-letter alphabet that includes many letters we don't have in English. There are 14 distinct vowels!