View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 05:06 PM   #6
w6pea

Post MH Antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7wv View Post
TNX for the responses so far.
I like to band hop and rag chew so I would rather have an antenna I can tune from inside.
I had a buddipole at one time. Neat for portable ops but not for me.
I had thought about the mast from the hitch area (or elsewhere) to get a screwdriver or other types into the air and that may provide the mount for me just fine.
With a screwdriver I would rather be able to see it for reference marks for quicker tuning as I have had a couple of them. I could mount it up front so I could see it I guess.
I had an OutBacker at one time which worked nice but again you had to get out to change the plugs.
Someone in another forum some time ago said they used a push up fiberglass mounted pole to snake a wire up and then tuned it. I am not sure where they got the lightweight pole but it sounded good too.
Check the High Sierra antennas.
On my p/u I use a IC706 with an Ah-4 tuner and s/s 102" whip. I have also used a francis amazzer whip but kind of like the s/s 102" whip better.
I have a H/S Sidekick. I put it on a tripod on my balcony and can use it with the tripod when we are set up in a campground. It works great with the 3ft. whip it came with, even works better with the 6ft. whip you can get from h/s. But it really works great with a 102" s/s whip. Will work even better with the capacitance cap.

Pat
When all else fails...Amateur Radio
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote