View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #20
AE5BI

We use Earthclass Mail (ECM) for mail forwarding and you can pick from a number of states for your mailing address. They even have one here in SF. It is one of the more expensive but offer great services, we sort our mail and can scan or shred online so we don't get any junk mail. At last count we had to change our address at over 70 places when we moved, as long as we have mail forwarding we won't have to do that again.

The Fed requires a mailing address and not physical. It might be confusing for contest folks that talk to me but I try to make it clear where I am. It isn't any different than talking to someone from my Jeep in another state. But this brings up a frustration with fulltiming that you might think about. Since the patriot act, many institutions require a physical address as well. When someone wants my address I ask which one they want. Most places let you give both physical and mailing. We can't receive mail here as we do not have a box so we have a local UPS box. So, (sorry my answer is so long) for packages I give the local box and make it clear that mail should go to OR. The problems happen when they screw up. Our propane supplier was sending bills and late notices to our physical address despite having told them not to; so they were threatening us via mail before they thought to call me... that person no longer works there. Anyway, banks all require a physical address but could care or less if you keep it current. :-)

My email is on my webpage so feel free to ask as many questions as you can think of. We do have a lot in common. And, you are only as old as you feel, that makes me 150. Beat that!

2006 Jeep (X2)
- iCom IC-706MKIIG
- AH-4 Automatic Antenna Tuner to a 102" Radio Shack CB antenna

Guinness the cat

Full-timing Sep. 2006 - Sep. 2011

Our RV Website, www.FulltimeRV.us

AE5BI
AE5BI is offline   Reply With Quote