View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #15
N7OQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy N1ORK View Post
Just kidding Ken,
I was talking about Ken's comment above and It was in referrence to the StePP-IR vertical that does just that.
Andy
Andy,
You are to funny but I have to ask who is the other Ken you are referring to?

Ken
There are a lot of things you can with that pole and a tuner, I might have order one sense it is such a good price. I really like my AH4 it dose such a good job. When I had a van I was told I could not run coax from the ah4 to the antenna no mater how short, it just will not work. Well I ran a 3 foot piece of coax to the antenna so I could keep the AH4 inside and it worked like a champ glad I had not heard this when I installed it. I have later heard of others who have used long lengths of coax with it with no problems at all.

On the Buddipole forum I asked the question if anyone had connected the Buddipole to a tuner, I get tired of having to bring down the antenna to change bands so a tuner would be nice. From the answers I guess it is a sin to suggest such a thing. So I put it together without and coils and the long whips and it loaded up great with AH4 and the field strength showed no difference compared to using the coils and loading it up using them so I plan on using it that way in the future. There is more than one way to skin a cat.
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote