View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 07:39 AM   #2
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Well. it depends a lot on the use you plan on putting it to. If you plan on using it as a receiver "Front end" for navigation software on a computer, they are all good, no difference if you plan on using it as your navi-comp then Garmin beat both Tom-Tom and Magellin 3 for 3 when one of the gadget magazines did 3 sample routes using all Three.

They used the top of the line unit from each company

How much of an issue this is, I don't know I do know the software I use does not always suggest the best route.

For example. On one trip to dinner the software took me down residental streets, stop signs ever 2 blocks. 2 blocks away was a "main drag" red light every mile I'd rather have taken the slightly longer, but very much faster, route (And did coming home)

In the Garmin/Magellin/Tom-Tom test one of the factors was with the Garmin the final direction was always "Turn Right into parking lot" and with the other two it was turn left Right turns are safer.. I don't recall the other differences but they liked the Garmin better
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote