View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 04:58 PM   #28
JNeeleyW6ZKH

I guess I never got around to telling the story on this operation, so anyway, I finally did get the vertical up in the wind and I did check into the West Coast RV net on 40 meters. Conditions werent the best but at least they heard me. We are about ready to head out for the summer time trips and wanting to come up with something more stable than the mount I had made for the Nov trip, I got to looking at the RV rear and it has a 2 inch hitch mount built in. Went down to Harbor Freight looking for a sleeve to slide in and then just weld a pipe vertically for holding up the antenna. Well they didnt have what I was looking for but did have a hitch mount for a Vise (item 66260) which has a square plate welded to it for mounting a vise. Got it home, mounted a 1-1/4" floor flange plate to it and then screwed in an 18" galvanized pipe. Hit it with some Rust paint and presto....strong and removable mount. Havent tried it out yet, but that will come soon. Can always fall back to the Buddipole if needed.

2008 Dodge 3500 Diesel Quadcab
Montana 3440RL 5'er
JNeeleyW6ZKH is offline   Reply With Quote