Thread: iPhone Vs Droid
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 05:59 AM   #2
W9WLS
Senior Blame Catcher

Send a message via Yahoo to W9WLS
Default Cell phones

Jim:
If you do the research, I believe you will find that the Droid will be the better of the two choices.
NOW, to go a bit further.
The "VERIZON" droid is a more "open" platform than the "AT&T" droid, which means you can get more "APPS" for the Verizon Droid than you can on the AT&T Droid market .
Next, look at battery life, how long will it run before having to re-charge ?
Run time is also related to running Applications, here you have to be careful , some apps are battery hungry will try to run all the time in the background and suck the battery.
Look closely at the "PLAN'S" available, if you shop around you can get some pretty good plans that will allow cross connecting of services ( I and my son Jeff are on AT&T, The XYL and daughters are on Verizon , we can text to either service with no charge anytime but can only cross services on voice after 20:00 or on weekend's) , both carriers have plans that will allow cross servicing anytime on a limited basis (number of people you can call on the other service) you have to set up a list WITH THEM
Model's of droid are also a big consideration, I have the AT&T GALAXY S which I get along with well due to the large screen (fat fingers) , different model's will also use more battery than others.
The bigger the battery the better !

One of the daughter-in-law's has an i PHONE which she likes but she is into music and games much more than I am which is the only reason I can see for the thing.

Hope this help's, but the bottom line is "shop around" , get what you can/will use and ask lotsa questions , don't just go into "RADIO-SHAFT" and let them shove a phone / service on you .

One other thing , be sure to get the insurance on the phones, if one is lost or stolen or has problems they have to replace it not you.
73, John