View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #20
One Country Boy

Hi Fellers,

I've been watching Isaac for several days. For awhile it appeared it was headed straight for my QTH, now it appears as though Galen has the bullseye on his back.

We got our first rain band a couple of hours ago. We've had a little blow from time-to-time but nothing serious. Carl, you should be OK in Clermont now. There is always the worry about tornadoes. Unpredictable, and travel quickly. You never know what these hurricanes will do once they are in the Gulf. The scientist have gotten very good and predicting the paths but after getting up into the Gulf, they can do funny things. I recall on in years passed that went west, paralleling the panhandle's coastline. Once it got out off the coast of New orleans, did a 180 and came right back along the same path and went in around Perry, FL. Looks as though we will be on the east side (bad side) of this one, but hopefully far enough out we'll only get rain and some winds.

NN5!, when you talk about leaving, it's best to do it early. The traffin tends to get bottled necked if you wait too long. You certainly do not want to get caught on the road, stuck in traffic. Another consideration is driving that very high-profile vehicle. Lot's of wind resistance on that machine.

The genny is ready to go here and I have several containers of non-ethynol gasoline. Hopefully we will not need it, but I strongly expect we will. Our ground is already saturated with all the rain we've had and living in these rural areas, the trees are likely to fall on the power lines. I found plenty of size D batteries for our lanterns. Most place were sold out of the "D Cells". We will fill the bath tubs to flush the johns and I have several cases of bottled water. We have no gas appliances in the house and will have to run the genny to pump water from our well and heat the water for showers. It will also keep our freezer collection frozen. Hopefully any failures will not take long to get us back on-line. I think we are ready.

Keep intouch Galen. I sent you a message on Face Book checking on you.

73 for now guys.