View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #8
N3LYT

I'll find out some more some time this week. We often walk the fair ground during the off season and there is enough space for 6000 campers just going from the marked numbers. The camping space out numbers the fair space by a good bit. The visitor count is more like 3 to 4 hundred thousand or 10 times the population. Route 113 (goes through my neighborhood) yesterday was backed up 8 miles only one of 3 routes. The campers are parked end to end and side by side in rows. The insiders don't care why would they inflate the numbers? They can't fit any more than they have space for. Frankly I don't think they need to have any more people than they all ready have there this might be a record year because of the warm clear weather. A friend of mine 10 years ago worked the fair he was a cop rode shotgun in an unmarked car taking entrance money to the bank $250,000 twice a day. You got to understand we are 3 hours from Boston. If you want to rig the sleds you miss mark the weight of the blocks this is not a riser it is just a sled loaded with concrete blocks. We are country folks up here we don't have fancy equipment no jet powered pulling tractors just old John Deer's.
N3LYT is offline   Reply With Quote