Thread: H.P. Maxim 140
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #3
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Well.. So far I've made one.

Folks.. I will likely be scanning 20 and/or 40 meter PFSK-31 long about 2pm this afternoon,, Or 3pm, depending on how long it takes me to finish my Internet run.. Same computer don't you know, different physical locations.

And the computer is far nicer than it was yesterday.. A box arrived, INside the box was two thick slices of foam rubber with a new mother board sandwiched between them.

Popped the new MB in yesterday afternoon, powered up and NOTHING, I mean not even a splash screen telling me I am powering up an IBM thinkpad.

Worked for about an hour trying to figure out the problem.. Got no where.. Took wife to dinner (Annerversery 31 years) and somewhere between here, there and back DONG, LIGHT... Checked a page in the service manual.. Twisted the screw I forgot to Twist. and... Well.. You are reading this, (So am I) so it must be working HI.

Re-Furb mother board, 75 bucks.. I can not pay a technician to fix the old one for that. SparePartsWarehouse (Add www and com if you need one) may have a PC in front of it.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote