View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 05:54 PM   #16
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

Bought the little Haier fridge today; neighbor helped muscle it into the coach.

Since I haven't finished removing the Norcold yet, the Haier is sitting in front of my "living room" couch. I plugged it in about a half-hour ago.

The freezer compartment is already at 19 degrees, and the fridge compartment is at 65. They both started out at 80, from being outside. The Norcold, when it was working perfectly, would take at least twelve hours to do that.

Zowie! I've got both compartments set to "coldest" -- lessee what it can do. Meanwhile it's time to put some Pepsis in there.

I have remote-indicating thermometers for both compartments -- the Temp Minder brand sold at Camping world. The senders are little white things that stay in the fridge compartments, and the displays hang on the wall. I recommend these, and have used them for years. They work well, and the instructions are amusing. I think they're about $17 each. Batteries last a year or more. They're sold for displaying inside/outside temps (weather), but work great for showing how the fridge is doing.

**** UPDATE **** 20 minutes later, the freezer is at 10 degrees, fridge at 64.

**** UPDATE **** another 10 minutes (accurately timed), 5 degrees and 59 degrees. Sweet.

**** UPDATE **** Another 10 minutes, 0 and 55.