Thread: 60
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 01:15 PM   #8
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NN5I View Post
No wonder I never heard that song. No need for barbershops, with no hair.
You do not recognize that song.. The original group that performed it was also a quartet.. 4 guys named John, George, Paul and Ringo.

That is one of the early Beatles tunes.

Alas, I'm no longer eligable to sing it though.. 64 was so last year.

And to KE0ME... I fully agree.. I love listening to barbarship.. I have had a couple of groups try to recuit me but frankly I do not think I'm good enough and there are logistic issues too.. May still give it a shot once I get this house back on the road again.. I can't wait to get back on the road again... (Wait isn't there a song there too?)

And to be honest the Beatles did a rather good job of Barbershop on a few of their tracks.... Very talented.

Another interesting talent... You ever wonder what happens when a young Rock Star grows up?

well for many it's drugs and occasionally jail and a early death.. But not all

The original drummer for the Ventures, back in the days of Walk, don't run, was only 17.. Still in high school.. but he did study, he did learn and one of the things he learned the easy way is why street drugs are called DOPE (And he was no dope so he avoided them)

Well I have a recording of him reprising his original Walk don't Run performance with the Ventures many years later

Forget if he's a 2 or 3 star General (or rather was at that time likely another star by now) yup he's one of the good guys.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote