View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 01:33 AM   #6
KC1BUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by w5olm View Post
Wade, Thanks for the tribute to the "Old Soldiers". Kinda brought tears to this old Marines eyes. My mothers only two brothers died in battles of WWII.
As a fresh new graduate from college, this old guy had no desire to fight for his country.
With prompting from the selective service though, I joined the U. S. Marines, and saw my own battles in Viet Nam. I now look back and can truthfully say that the Marine Corp took a boy and made a man out of him. Luckly, I did not earn a purple heart, and can only tribute that to our heavenly father.
Service in the Marine Corp launched me into a totally different career than afforded me being a college graduate. Instead of teaching high school, my career took me into federal government service as an electronic Inspector for a few years, then as an Aircraft Inspector for the remainder of my 36 years as a federal employee.
Anyway, thanks again for the tribute to the "old soldiers" in your family. They definately earned respect and the privilage of saluting the flag. I do have to agree with Dan about the proper way to salute the flag also.
I was almost a marine, I was in both the Army and the Navy.
Love to
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote