View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #14
Oboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
And it has a omni-directional pattern with minimal nulls, Right?
That’s what they say. I haven’t done any type of testing with it and I have not seen any modeling done for this antenna. I have an idea on a down-n-dirty test, if I can find someone willing to help on the air this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manual Garcia O'Kely View Post
Do you feel the construction is robust?
Yes, It’s very well made. I think if it fell over, you may bend the metal brackets holding the arms, and the cover of the switching array is plastic, so that could crack. I don’t see it getting destroyed from falling a few feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3NOQ/Mobile View Post
I am somewhat confused. Is the antenna merely a pair of horizontal radiators separated by the insulated vertical mast/matching network OR are there some unseen vertical wires running between the horizontal members?
I don’t have the antenna in front of me, I would think that you are right, that the two half’s are insulated and the “switching array” is used to adjust the feed point impedance.

The one thing I would like to say is, all I am is a customer, that has found an antenna that is working for me and to let other Hams know about it. For some of the more technical questions that may come up, you would be better off looking at the web site or email them. I have been known when trying to put 2n2 together to come up with 5. I enjoy answering questions about the antenna, but let’s not get to Techeeee with the questions, I may even come up with 6.

73 Mark
Oboy is offline   Reply With Quote