Thread: New 5'er
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
wohtex

John it sounds like mine is equipped the same as yours, on the leveling system if you go to the Lippert web site and look under manuals you can download the operator manual on the Level Up system its pretty informative. Also don't know if you know it or if yours is equipped you can get an optional M-IRC (Manual Individual Room Control) that lets you put in or out individual slides, I am making the dealer put one on mine. I have heard pros and cons on the tankless water system and am sure it will take some getting used to. I like your idea on the electrical cord, like you I am not looking forward to wrestling with that 50 amp monster, I think they did it simply because it is 2nd AC ready and a lot of people go for that option. Here is another link you might not know about and want to check out, lots of nice folks and good information www.wildcatcamperforum.com
I agree to the second (or more) battery again on the forum there was a thread about doing this and I have the same plans, looks like there is enough room up front. I also want to look into a way of pumping grey water from one tank to another as the tank from the shower will probably fill up first. Did you get the 2nd year bumper to bumper warranty from Forest River? I heard some dealers don't tell you about it and its only $200.00, I already told the dealer I want it figure its money well spent.
Well enjoy the new unit, maybe catch youat a campground one day, we hope to leave here by first of June and spend the summer in Colorado taking care of our storage unit, then to North Carolina for a month with my family, then head west, winter in Texas, and Arizona.

Safe Travels
Bill N5CCQ
wohtex is offline   Reply With Quote