View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
KF5BET

Default Almost got my antenna back up!!

I took down my damaged ZS6BKW dipole about a month ago and had to rebuild it because of a storm. It is sitting in the garage almost ready to go back up.

Alas it will take at least another month or so. Seems it was time for me to slow way down for awhile.

Last weekend I lost vision in my right eye. Went to the doctor on Monday. He diagnosed me with three tears in my retina with one tear actually detaching. Did laser surgery in the office to "stitch" the tears back into place.

Returned Thursday for a checkup and proceeded to have the news given to me that the laser procedure did not work. They whisked me off to the hospital and performed eye surgery. I have now been at home for four days and must be on my side with my head at a certain angle for at least the next two weeks.

Will do whatever it takes to save the eye (good chances of that) but sure does stink that I have all this free time and no way to be on the air (how cruel is that???).

Just thought I would check in real fast and then head back to the recliner before I get caught being up. Will try and check in periodically.

I guess camping is out for now too.... Do not take your eyesight for granted...
Kendra - KF5FYS dd
Maggie - Cat chaser
2005 F250, 1996 Nomad
KF5BET is offline   Reply With Quote