View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Let me say this about that OUCH!!!!

May your eye heal completely and full vision be restored.

I'm running on half antenna today.... Normally I toss up a 100 foot long wire, but I have a shorter one, about 40-50 feet.. The park has been giving me "Stink" about the long wire, last time I was here they said it was "Interfering with the internet"

The internet problem is now fully diagnosed.. I had my call on my router as the SSID (That has changed) and I set up the router on a channel the park was not using... Well the park router changed channels.. Right on top of me.. This morning it did it again.. I just changed channels for the 2nd time this morning. To insure my wireless router is on a different one than the park.. I'm going to pitch a complaint about that soon. (I already complained about the attitude of the idiot security guard) but it's nice to have the facts.

But this time I tossed up the short antenna.. Here is the current install

I replaced the roof ladder (light weight) on this rig with a nice heavy weight combo ladder, Step/Extension.. Normally he hangs in the extension position, but not extended, on a pair of heavy aluminum "J" hooks on the back of the rig.. (The bottom rests against a shower "Assist" bar, stainless) Well, I hooked a rubber tarp strap to the top of the extension and ran it up, then hooked the ladder back on the hooks. that makes it about 1.5 x the height of the rig (rig is 12.5 feet) that's on the driver's rear corner of the rig.

Under the right front tire is the park-on base for a Sunsetter flagpole, 24-25 feet. The antenna runs from the KAT-1, up to the tarp strap, then on to the flag pole and the last couple feet hang down.

Not nearly as good as the 100' long wire,, but I got to talk to management before I toss that one back up.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote