View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
KF5BET

The problem with glasses for me now is that my right eye (the damaged one) now has quite a bit worse vision than the left. The corrective lense for the right eye is now 2 1/2 powers different than the left.

The Dr. is saying that the glasses actually create a microscope effect which in turn makes the eye "look" differently. If you were to look at an object with one eye and then the other, the object would be either smaller or larger depending on the eye because of the corrective lense prescription. The Dr. is telling me that contacts would actually be better because the corrective lense is now on the eye instead of out in front which eliminates the microscope effect.

I do notice a difference in this phenomenon when wearing the contacts. It is just a matter of time for my brain to retrain itself to looking through contacts again. I also have little blisters on the surface of the eye around the perimeter of the eye which are from the surgery and was worried that they might interfere with the contact, but so far it has not been a problem.

I am very blessed that I did not lose the vision. I will not complain one bit either way it goes.
Kendra - KF5FYS dd
Maggie - Cat chaser
2005 F250, 1996 Nomad
KF5BET is offline   Reply With Quote