View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
KC1BUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Country Boy View Post
When we pulled out of the last campground a few weeks ago it was windy and raining. We decided to pack it in and head home on the spur of the moment. Consequently, in such a rush and trying to keep dry, I forgot a couple of things. I took my old Hustler mount down, packed away the resonators and forgot the antenna shaft. I didn't discover I had left it for several days. I had that foldover shaft for 30 years or more.

After kicking myself for several days, I decided the only thing to do was order another. Rather than replace it with the same type foldover, I decided I would order a standard 54 inch straight shaft (Hustler MO3). It was cheaper too. I placed my order with Ham Radio Outlet (Atlanta) and in a few days received the below, damaged MO3. I had ordered a "straight shaft". I called HRO and they shipped a new one immediatly. I'm still waiting for UPS to pick up the damaged item. I was told if they didn't come within five days to get rid of the item. It doesn't look like they are coming. Anyone got any ideas on how to straighten this thing ? It's solid aluminum with a vinyle coating. Seems like a waste to just toss it.

I have to say HRO is a good place to do business or always has been for me. They didn't question my claim and were willing to ship to a campground if I had been on the road. I might add this disclaimer: I have no financial interest in Ham Radio Outlet. I just thinik it's a great place to do business.

The only radio I bought new was my V-8 HT, and I got it from HRO.
Love to
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote