Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 07:38 AM   #7
w3zi

Hi Tom. My TS2000 has been great for me. I dont remember for sure but I think I bought it in 1990 or 2000. Had to send it back once -- VFO was unlocking. But it has performed well and I have it in my RV here as Jim said, I have been full timing for the last couple of years. Its great to have the full features and its capabilities for VHF/UHF for Hurricane /Skywarn Info. I have a TS850 which was the predecssor to the TS2000 and have done some on the air comparisons. The TS2000 gets great reports but the TS850 has much better audio quality on transmit. I did that comparison quiate a while ago before I played with the radio much. The TS2000 has both a transmit and receive audio equalizer plus you can adjust the transmitted bandwidth on ssb to 3 khz etc if you are really an audio buff. I suspect that it more the way I had the TS2000 set up. The audio quality though isnt really that important to me.

Another great thing is the remote kit. I have used it but not put that on the rig yet here in the RV. I have the rig set up on the dinnette table and the TS2000 is kind of a big radio with all its features but the remote kit will free up a lot of space when I get around to putting it on the air.

Welcome and 73
Mark, W3ZI
TS2000 / Yaesu 857D and a Tarheel Antenna
w3zi is offline   Reply With Quote