View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #22
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

CONGRATS to Jim.. Now.. I thing if I owned a farm and had an RV pad on it (And I'd have one) I'd have sold it but on condition that I still get to use the pad for up to so many nights a year.

As to the ice maker.. Well.. We use ice cube trays but the ice maker is far easier.. It's only real problem is it does not work without 120vac.. And that was easily fixed.

I should point out that if I wish to read an E-book, in bed (which I often do, there is a fair size library on this hard drive scattered between Kindle for PC, Sony Library Reader, PDF and RTF flies from Baen Free Library and other files) then the power supply that's in the bedroom needs 120vac too.. and it's the same circuit as the 'fridge.. so powering the ice maker.. powers the laptop.

I had hoped to run the fridge on 120vac on the road via inverter but that expierment did not turn out as well as I hoped Now it did work.. Just not as well as hoped.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote