View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 09:19 AM   #32
One Country Boy

Glad to hear you are coming along with your projects there Andy. Also happy to hear you have no plans of shunning we lower classmen on the receipt of your EXTRA. Seriously, again, good luck with it. I'm sure you will succeed.

John, there is a lot of deer hunting in the area that I live. I've done a little hunting for deer but it was a long time ago. My father and I hunted quail when I was growing up. I've killed only one deer, it was an 8 point. You guessed it, with a car. My game warden friend that e-mailed me those bear photos said there was very little damage done to the assailant vehicle (that's cop talk, right ?). The animal was hit only in the head with the vehicle bumper. If the driver had been driving one of those little Sunbeams you were talking about when he hit that bear, the drivers seat probably needed cleaning. We have many deer in our neighborhood. They are in our yard in the night. We have even seen them walk through the back yard during the day. My wife went out one day last week to find a large gray fox in our back yard. We see red fox here normally but the others are a rare sighting.

The bear was not a record for this state. My friend tells me the record weight for Florida is about 600 lbs. We don't normally see them this big though. The bear is being mounted for an exhibit. He was so big the normal mount the taxidermist used would not work. He had to order a grizzly mount.

We get all types of subjects going on ORR. What next ?

CQ CQ de W4EWA in Wewa