View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 07:56 PM   #5
KC1BUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
RV ownership is such fun...it can get to be very frustrating and expensive if you can not do the work yourself. The money and time I save with simple repairs is amazing.

I recently ask for some help online on a dishwasher. It was how to get the lower spray arm off. There are no screws or apparent clips. I found a GE appliance help site and ask. I get this message back that the dish washers are extremely complicate items and should only be repaired by factory technicians or simply replaced if it is over 10 years old. Wrong answer....I am a registered professional engineer, with loads of field experience and a reasonably good understanding of electrical issue.

You were lucky to find someone that does not believe the general public are all borderline idiots.

Good job. Oh, I did figure out how to get it apart and posted the how to on the site to help someone else.

Ken
Ken I know what you mean, I bought a computer from Radio Shack and after failing to get it to start called the help line after practally being called an idiot and being hung up on, I finally determined that the computer didn't work. I had to return it to Radio Shack for a replacement. They wanted to send it in to get it fixed and I told them no way I was going to wait to have a computer. Since it was the day after I bought it they could just refund my money. They hustled to find a new one after that. That was the first and last time I bought a computer there.

I also have a peeve about these companies that out source customer service to India or some other country with a lot of citizens that speaks english but don't understand it.

I called Dishnetwork one time and after the sixth or seventh customer service person in that call that asked for my name and I refused to give it anymore. He said sir we can't help you without your name, I told them You already have my name, I didn't call for a play date for our kids. I found out that if you call talk to them and hang up and re-call about 8 times, then you finally get a person here in the US that better understands english.
Love to
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote