View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #146
One Country Boy

CQ CQ CQ de W4EWA,

All going well here. The wife and I had to postpone our summer trip up to the North Georgia Mountains again. The original plans were to spend three months up there this year. We're down to the month of September (only) now. A few unforseen things arose, so we felt it was better to postpone again, rather than to get up there and have to return. The thought also crossed our mind of the possible loss of at least one months camping fee. Anyway, we're set to leave now toward the end of August and keeping our fingers crossed.

A little break in the temperatures here the past week. Not cool, but cooler. A nice break from the 105 temps we had been experiencing. We took a ride over to our county RV park on the golfcart about sunset yesterday. I had to actually put the winshield up because the wind was a little cool on us.

There's a possibility we'll be working on getting a tower up here in the next few weeks. A young fellow in the neighborhood is out of work and several of us have been using him to do odd jobs to help him out and to also help us. He's got a good strong back and an eager worker. he's done tower work as a profession in the past so maybe I can get him started setting my tower up. I don't plan to go that high, probably about 40 ft.

I see where Mike got a new HF amp. How's it working for you Mike ? Sorry I missed you on the spotter this weekend.

Are you at the "hideout" Andy or at home in CT ?

Tell us what's going on in your world please ? Should be getting a report from Radio on his last trip. I like them pik-chures.

CQ CQ CQ de W4EWA