View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #5
w7wv

Is the MH fiberglass and what are the requirements for the mounting of your dual bander antenna.
Some require a ground plane which you will not get without some sort of metal plate. Then again some don't.
But most would work well up high with just a little loss.
I also have a Diamond dual bander and I went to the lumber store and bought a lumber bracket for it. Tapped it into the fiberglass dead center in the middle front of the home. I felt this would be as good as I could really come up with keeping it simple. I thought too that if if wanted a ground the galvanized plate may serve well. I in turn grounded it to the driver's cage inside the home so it would have a chance to serve as a ground plane hopefully.
It seems to work well.
And I agree with the other poster on the handheld CB if you want on. Get one that runs on 12v and has a plug and you can plug it into the power adaptor directly pretty cheap. If you want more range go to a mag mount antenna on the hood of your MH.
Or consider using FRS HT's unit to unit on the road if that's your use. Better than CB for that use to me.

w7wv is offline   Reply With Quote