View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 01:00 PM   #8
electricflyer

Here is my setup. I have a Yaesu FT-450, a LDG 200 Pro antenna tuner and a Radio Shack 25A switching power supply in my to go setup. For home use I use a Astron RS35M for power. It is made with luan plywood. Size is 10" wide, 11 3/4" high and 11" deep. It is held together by aluminum "L" channel on all the corners and to attach each shelf. I have a front and back piece of luan that is held in place by two pieces of threaded rod through the plastic tubing seen on each side of the tuner, and held in place by wing nuts. The only thing I would have done different is make it slightly wider to store the microphone in the case. I can get the mike in there as it is but another 1/2" would make it a little better. Power connections are made with Power Poles so I can move the rig between different power supplies (25A, 35A and deep cycle battery). For mobile use I have a Eagle One vertical antenna. My FT-450 is an older model and does not have back lit controls so I also have a clip on LED light for dark use.

P1010005.jpg[
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote