View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 07:26 AM   #3
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

There are thousands of places where you can park your laptop.. Some are free, Some are Fee, some are "hidden" (meaning not listed on J-wire) but most of them can be found at

http://www.jwire.com

So if you just visit that site, enter the zip code where you plan on parking your...... . Stuff, and feed it a radius, It will find Wi-Fi sites for you.

NOTE that I have found a few that J-Wire does not list in my travels.. For example.. The place I used to go for breakfast and still visit on occasion

In addition if you wish your cell phone. assuming the cell company has coverage, may be useable as a modem (mine does up to dial up speeds) and if you wish to spend the $$$ your cell provider can sell you an "Air Card" (usually around $200.00) that can hit DSL speeds.. Again, Depending on the coverage. Usually 40-60/month 2-yr contract

Finally if you really want to spend money.. There is a 2-way satellite system you can use... Hughes. Contact me and I'll get you to someone in your area who can sell you one,,, These systems run from around 1,000 to 6,000 installed. 60/month, 2-yr contract, suspendable for up to six months a year
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote