Thread: 146.52
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 10:31 PM   #15
w6pea

Default 146.52

One time my xyl and I were going west on I-8 we were in seperate vehicles.
We were climbing Ocatio grade talking onsimplex. We came around a curve and had this drunken clown tell us in no uncertain terms to get off of his Freq. and that we were bootlegging the band.

This clown almost made my xyl want to give up her license and send it back to the FCC,with the foul language that he was using.

We listened to this clowns rant for almost 2 hours as we got closer to El Cajon. This clown is still out there and every Saturday night if someone needed to use 146.52 you couldn't and do you think the FCC does anything about it.....you guessed it nada.

Oh and we even gave his call sign to the local fcc office and they never did anything about it.

I monitor 146.52 but very seldomly hear anyone using it except for this drunk clown.
And I never hear anyone when we are out on the road. I was in Quartsite but didn't hear anyone there last time we were there in January of 2006. But it was late at night so maybe they were all sleeping.
When all else fails...Amateur Radio
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote