View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 01:02 AM   #1
W7JZE
RV in 2016

Question Towing a Lincoln Towncar behind a Class A. Really???

So, with an RV purchase on next year's horizon and a big ole' Lincoln Towncar in my garage, what to do?

My wife is a bit disabled so the large Towncar is great for wheelchair and her "go-bag" as well as a mobile amateur radio installation. Plenty of room. It has a four body trunk ! (Hey, I was born in 'Jersey ).

I have worked in electronic sales for, well... forever, so a big car is also what I currently need to haul customers around... Until I retire.

I have heard of a "Remco Transmission Pump" that will let you tow a Towncar with four wheels flat on the ground, but I know little about them and wonder... how do I know if it fails 1/2 way through a trip? Yikes! Very expensive failure!!!

Also the Towncar is a heavy vehicle and that also makes me scratch my head a little... Although, some of the the RV rigs I see cruising up and down I-5 in central CA every day seem to say one heavy car should be OK. Surely not as heavy as the RV towing a trailer which is also towing a car... YIKES!

So, any advice here? Can the Towncar be safely towed and if so, any suggestions?

Thanks for pondering on this...

Bill - W7JZE
W7JZE is offline   Reply With Quote