Thread: Psk31
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
N7OQ

I have used it but haven't used it in awhile. I tried to use it last summer while camping but had so much RF interference and swr issues that I gave up trying. I worked out most of the RF noise and swr issues so will try it again next camping trip.

Not being a great typist when my macros are done things slow down real fast and the other guy see how bad I really am. It is a great way to work DX, I have heard DX stations come in on 20 late at night long after the band had shut down. I made my own interface, 2 600/600 ohm transformers and a opto isolators some cable and connectors and you can build one for less then 10 bucks.

You don't need a lot of power, the way I set up my station is I send a long test or CQ with mic gain all the way down, I then slowely increase the gain while watching ALC and when the ALC just starts to move I back it off again until it goes away plus a little more. I usually run a 40 to 50 watts this way and have a clean signal. It is very easy to over drive the signal and use way to much band width.

When ever I get my HF station setup here at home I will be using it again. Great mode in my book.
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote