View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 10:48 AM   #29
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Well. there are 4 considerations in where to put the "ham Shack"
Disturbing other occupants.. This means you need a room with a DOOR
Power.. For example such a room in my RV happens to have the backside of the 12 volt distribution panel in i is very handy)
And Net participation, will describe that later.. Joe Walsh happens to have though of that one as well.

My RV is a "Bath and a half" modtwin lav's and a shower. Half bath is toileTS-2000

I canm close the door, As I noted above power is handy, and when the net control says "Go ahead station before me) stand by Me, and naturally that is when I feel the need to be seated... Somewhere speific... Well.. I'm already seated there.. Just need to make a few adjustments (Lift lid, drop trousers sit back down). and Joe and I do not miss our turn on the net... Very handy.

I apologize for the liquid now all over your keyboard and monitor.. but well.. That's where I put my Ham Shack.

and having a nice 80 amp power supply just 2 feet left of the Radio and a couple feed down.. Not a bad deal either. WITH FULL BATTERY BACKUP and 160 amp surge ability.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote