View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #16
W6DCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wana camp View Post
One thought here. If we see (4-5 or 8) oil, with the 08-09 heating season, there wont be a Christmas! or any thing else. I will be buying food and heating fuel ONLY. This will be a Third world Country!
Sorry, but some thing needs to change soon or else.
There are some that did that last winter, and will probably have be choosing between warmth and heating fuel this winter and a meal. If you think the economy is bad now, wait until that happens. Wages are not keeping up with the increases in what we pay for day to day needs.
I am not on a fixed budget, but I am also salaried so there is no overtime. I know what the DW and I make, and we are in the ever shrinking middle class. To go where we wanted to we budgeted $5, then $6 bucks a gallon for fuel this year, but are starting to look at next year and what it might be then. For those that say sell the RV, take a plane, rent a car, and get a room, all of those are increasing also as their costs have skyrocketed. I will keep RV'ing, but next year probably closer to home, longer stays, less driving, and try to make adjustments in the budget to accommodate the soaring fuel costs.
I was wanting an MKIIG this year, but won't be buying one. I will keep using the radios in my sig until they die, then look for a used rig to replace it with.
Kenwood TM-741A
Yaesu VX-7R
ICOM 02AT
ICOM 04AT
ICOM 12GAT
Kenwood TM-331
W6DCS, ex KC6LKS
W6DCS is offline   Reply With Quote