Thread: New TT
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 02:47 PM   #1
electricflyer

Default New TT

Brought home a new Palomino Puma 25RS yesterday. Someone on another thread didn't know who owned Palomino so FYI it is owned by Forest River but is kept separate. Anyway the XYL was looking through it again last night and said where are you going to put your radio? I said on the dinette table but she said no that is where the 32" TV will sit temporarily and I don't want to hear you talking when I am watching TV. So my choices are in the bedroom, in the bathroom or out under the awning. I prefer the outside anyway, weather permitting. We will do our driveway camping in the next week or so. I want to wait until the chances of a freeze are over. Spring will be here in another week so we have that to look forward to.

I pulls very well and doesn't seem to tax the truck. I don't think another 500 to 700# of weight will make much difference. I don't like to travel the interstates with it. I like to relax and see the countryside. The last trip I made 2 years ago only about 10% interstate travel and that was from Georgia out through Kansas, Colorado and Utah and back through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Louisiana but that was not with a TT, motels instead.
Southern Utah is beautiful and another great part of that trip was a flight in a 1940 Waco biplane owned by Steve Mathis, W0JOV, and when I talked to him on the radio he said if I ever got out to Montrose, CO he would give me a ride. I said no problem my nephew lives there, see you next year. First time in an open cockpit plane, GREAT.
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote