View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 09:43 PM   #5
electricflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupevillefish View Post
I've also noticed that a number of fairgrounds across the country have camping including our local one, I think. But I haven't found a simple way to find them. I use Allstays and I think they show as CP - county or city park.
I imagine that many of the fairgrounds want to be unadvertised to avoid becoming a RV park so probably the best way to find out is to contact the ones you are interested in to see what is available. I know that here in Cobb County they want to stay in the background for commercial RV parking but will welcome anyone that shows up. Allstays does show county parks and city parks but I didn't see any fairgrounds on the maps in the few states I checked. Some of the city parks may be great for overnighters or a couple days stay that in many cases not expensive. When I go to visit my DD there is a Harris County (TX) park that has full hookup sites (8) that is totally free for a 1 week max stay. Only about a mile from the small town with all the major business's to get food and anything else that may be needed. As I stated earlier, it seems that Oregon is looking to accommodate RVrs in the non peak time at the fairgrounds.
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote